Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anna's Birthday Yesterday



Ok, I hope you don't think these pictures are weird. I just wanted to get a picture of her gravestone, because it is really pretty. I love the line that is on the bottom. It is from one of Fanny Crosby's hymns, "Safe in the Arms of Jesus". Anna truly is safe in the arms of Jesus, and I know that someday I'll see her again. I was able to see her when she was a couple days old, and I was only 7 yrs old. She only lived for about 16 days. I don't really remember much about how I felt about it, but my mom said that she had to pick me up from ballet class because I was crying. I always wonder what it would be like to have a sister closer in age. She would be 11 yrs old yesterday!! Wow!


I wanted to get some pictures of the beautiful flowers. We go to her grave every year around her birthday and we always bring flowers so each one of us can put one on.




When we were leaving my dad felt the Lord telling him to go pray with these people who'd obviously lost their babies recently, because of where the gravstones were placed. My mom and dad were able to talk to them (there is a lady behind my dad) and they prayed with them. The guy and lady weren't related and they each had lost a little baby boy. It was so neat to see them praying together. Just in case you don't know my parents, my dad is on the far left, and my mom is right next to him with the puffy coat. The lady even showed my mom and dad the picture of her little boy, he lived for about nine days, and the man's baby lived for about 15 days.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle,

    I hadn't seen this till now, when I decided to look at your past posts.

    This is so sweet. It made me cry too. Because I have a little sister {Mary} that was born 3 days before your little Anna went to be with Jesus.

    Also, a couple years later we were all excited because mommy was going to have another baby. But that little baby went to be with Jesus, and we had to have a funeral and all. I was 11 at the time, but it was so hard, because I wanted to know my little baby brother.

    I'm thankful for what God taught me in Colorado and that I have continued to hold onto. It's a verse from Psalms and it says "As for God, His way is perfet." You know, no matter what 'hard things' we may have to go through, I'm comforted by knowing this promise.

    Love you, dear! This touched me tonight...in a good way of course!

    ReplyDelete